Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reasons why Verizon thinks they are better than the iPhone

Verizon WirelessGizmodo has posted an interesting list supposedly from Verizon about their talking points regarding the iPhone 3G.

Some of the more noteworthy points on this list include:

The new 3G iPhone will be twice as fast only where AT&T has 3G coverage!

Now this stands out as a big old DUH to me, but I am also aware that this is a pretty big deal. In many areas, mine included, 3G access is not available, but AT&T has no problem charging consumers for that non-existent coverage. I’d be more than happy to keep my current iPhone plan if I were to upgrade; keeping my lower price with included text messages, though “suffering” without 3G.

They cut the device price by $200 but raised the service price by $240!

Yup, I know, and it hurts a bit. I never really liked this lowered price marketing tactic when it’s not completely true.

Verizon Wireless’s Premium Plans include unlimited messaging with premium 3G data services with audible T-B-T dierecitons and OTA downloads!

Really? Okay, I’m kinda jealous. But I bet none of Verizon’s cell phones have Apple logos on them.

Verizon has pretty much compiled all of the reasons why I didn’t upgrade to the iPhone 3G...yet. But one thing Verizon can’t one-up is Apple’s hardware and software experience. As much as I hate paying AT&T’s monthly rates, I still do it, because I love my iPhone. It’s the first phone I’ve ever had that I haven’t completely hated. Do I get frustrated with the iPhone? Yes. But not so much so that I don’t routinely remind everyone I know how much I love it.

Verizon iPhone 3G list

Are the points on this list keeping you from buying an iPhone 3G? What do AT&T or Apple have to do to get you to buy an iPhone 3G? Or do they just have to wait for you to give in?

Via [Gizmodo]

No comments: